East Harlem Man Stabbed to Death in Washington Heights

By Yumna Mohamed and Myeisha Essex on Dec 7th, 2011

Murder

Custodian Anthony Rodriguez stands outside the building where the murder took place. Officer Vrachimes peers out (Photo by Yumna Mohamed)

A 22-year-old woman was arrested for murder today, suspected of stabbing a man to death at her Washington Heights apartment before dawn, police said.

Antoine Scott, 24, was found with stab wounds to his chest around 2:30 a.m. He was taken to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Neighbors said the woman, Kelly Lopez-Roldan, was pregnant with twins and had a relationship with Scott. “I just heard he was at his baby mama’s house,” said neighbor Jason Tomas, 19, pointing to the building at 450 W. 164th St. where the murder took place.

Anthony Rodriguez, the building’s custodian, believed the murder stemmed from domestic violence. “The couple was always fighting, about three times a week,” he said. “From what I hear, there have been noise complaints about the couple.”

In Scott’s apartment on East 111th  Street and Third Avenue, a woman who identified herself as his sister called him a “good, loving person.”

Scott’s neighbor Chanel, who asked that her last name not be used, said she believed the woman in custody was Scott’s girlfriend. “I don’t know if he has any kids right now, but I know he was expecting twins with the woman who murdered him,” she said.

Joel Aquino, 23, who lives in Washington Heights near the murder site, said he was not surprised by the violence. “This is the second time. A few years ago two guys got shot and they blocked off this whole block,” he said.

Officer Vrachimes, securing the building today, said the case is still under investigation and that residents know more than the police at this point.

“I guess he hit her too hard this time,” Rodriguez said.

18 Responses for “East Harlem Man Stabbed to Death in Washington Heights”

1. Kamohamed says:

Antoine Scott….gone too soon….RIP. Men are victims of DV too. That 22 yr old woman had mental, anger, jealousy and rage issues… Antione loved her!

2. 112th says:

This is soo sad…that is why anyone in a relationship…if you’re fighting each other all respect is gone…the violence will continue to escalate..doesn’t matter which gender… both can become victims of dv…may this young man RIP..

3. 115st says:

Rip in peace. Life is too short. What is in the dark will come to light

4. 115st says:

Rip I want to send my condolense to the family

5. friend of the couple says:

she was under stress her mother died two weeks ago… and they had dv issues i never thought it would go this far… R.I.P. Ace and Free Kelly

6. luscious caramel says:

They had their issues! And yes kelly had anger problems aswell as antoine did! no one knows what went on behind closed doors! And believe it or not this wasn’t the first time he whooped on her! This is just the 1st time he went as far as trying to make her lose her fetuses and take her own life aswell! I’m not saying she’s right! Although she did defend herself! Just stop and think to yourself what would you have done if you called the police three times while the father of your expected kids are beating you and the police just so happen to show up seconds after he collapses! Another thing what would the story have been had he killed her and his two kids she were carrying???????????????

7. allthetruth115 says:

I just wish things didn’t have to go this far ace and kelly both had there issues but everybody knows ace was beating kellys ass so all this stuff that kelly is insane and have issues get real everyone have iSsues ..antoine may u rest in peace and may they free kellz until they free kellz I’m just so sorry everything went so wrong

8. ZULY says:

MY HEART GOES OUT TO ANTOINE.. I KNEW HIM AND HE WAS A GREAT GUY AND EVEN BETTER FATHER. I KNEW THE ISSUES THAT HE WAS GOING THROUGH. HE LOVED THAT GIRL SO MUCH IT COST HIM HIS LIFE. SHE WAS ALWAYS THE AGRESSOR. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME SHE HAS CUT HIM EITHER.. IT SADDENS ME TO HAVE HEARD THAT MY DUDE AIN’T GONNA BE AROUND ANYMORE. WE LOVED HIM LIKE FAMILY. I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH YOUR MEMORY IN MY MIND AND SOUL. I HOPE SHE GETS LIFE FOR WHAT SHE DID. HE DID NOT DESERVE THAT. R.I.P. ACE WE LOVE YOU!

9. My husband is Gone I was Antoines girlfriend for six years I Love Him so Much We have been through Everything from being locked up together kicked out of our homes and to Hell and Back. He was my White Light We had our arguements and fights but it never got to the point where weapons was drawn out. Antoine was Not no women beater he would give you the shirt off his back whatever he could humanly possible do He would do it Or daammm sure Try his best. It feels like im in the Matrix and I took the Red pill instead of the Blue I Have his name Tattoed twice been had them for six years I would Trade it All to have My Baby by my side!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words Cant Express how I feel about this Tradegedy He always Told me he Love me ForEver. Two weeks before he died we met up and he was telling ,me he wants to change his life get a job and we just had a nice mature conversation when I was leaving to go home he told me he Love me and Kissed me that was the last time I SEEN my baby alive I seen him one last time at the funeral i hugged and kissed him and told him I Love You ForEver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Know Justice will be Served Iam Playing a Big Part In This Case KellyLopez Roldan will Get Hers God and the Law is going to Make sure that and So Am I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His Family and I is getting through this together R.I.P Antoine Troy Scott We Love You Forever xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

10. zuly says:

my husband and I were informed about Aces’s death 2 days ago.. We couldn’t believe what we had just heard. We use to help him out alot as well as he did with my family. The way the media is trying to pertray him as a women beater are those who did not know him, couldn’t of. I’ve heard of the cases where she was the abuser. He would come to my house and tell us how she would cut-up and bleach his cloths just because she thought he was cheating. he would pick-up the phone in front of me and my husband and you can hear her screaming at him. He would also bring her son to my house. he loved that little boy and he loved his dad. they were always together. he was too good of a man for people to bash his name the way they did. If there’s anyway I could be of any use to put her away let me know. i can be contacted through email bellasmith79@gmail.com. i know for a fact he didn’t beat her. she might of made it seem like that but she was the one who use to hit him and then call him back to come back home thats why he had a spare key. he didn’t take it, she gave it to him. plenty of times i’ve been present while she calls and calls til he picked up. you wouldn’t call a man who beat you to come back to the house. beg him to stay.. i just want to clear my dudes name for those who think they knew him. they got it all wrong. My dude Ace is dead, the least you can do is get the story right. R.I.P ACE

Love you always and forever: Black, Lady Black, & Fam

GOD YOU TOOK A GOOD SOLDIER! MAY WE MEET AGAIN AT THE HEAVENLY GATES WITH THE UNIQUE SMILE THAT ONLY YOU MAKE SHINE. WE LOVE ANTOINE SCOTT

11. Hi Zuly You May Or may not know me my name is TiAna i was Ace girlfriend for 7 years im glad you know him aklmost as well as i do fill like im on this case bymyself i thank you for stepping up and knowing the truth about my baby and this bitch I would like to meet u if possible You and I could be important rolls in his case im going to give you the da number please call and set up an appointment if you really care about him please make the appointment her court date is march 28 2012 manhattan criminal court ap2 or ap3 part F the numbers are 212 3354201 her name Karen Cherrington my number is 347 530-2850 or 718-693-6206 Please Zuly contact me asap im fighting for him everyyday until i die Yours Truly LadyAce

12. If anyone knows anything please contact me 347-530-2850 718-693-6206 I want justice for my husband His family and I is fighting to the end I wake up everyday and Pray to God to give me the strength to carry on everyday I Love Antoine More then words could express So if somebody knows something PLEASE call me R.I.P Antoine Troy Scott We Love You Always and ForEver Your One And Only TIAna xoxoxoxo

13. SweetyMemories says:

This is sad, I knew Ant since we were about 13 hanging out in Brooklyn, Bed stuy! I’m just hearing about his death today, I never knew him for abusing woman, shyt I never remember him even yelling loud enough! I knew him as soft spoken person who just liked to joke (or snicker cuz we did all the talking), we never know what role a person play in your life until their gone, although we played basketball in the park my backyard, & our good teen days throwing house parties on Mac St. I’ll be sure to keep you in my memories along with Peanuts! The good die young! And we shall meet again! Love you Ant Ant!

14. Hey Sweet Memories You may or may not no me my name is TiAna I was Antoines Wife for seven years. We used to live in smurf together. I Knew peanut, when he passed i was there to. Im glad you know the truth about my baby he was not no woman beater. Yes my husband had the smile that could light up the world I Love Him so much thats why im fighting everyday to make sure he get justice. That Bitch Kelly is going to crumble and burn in hell. Im playing a big part in this case im talking with the da everyday and going up there. The grand jury is on March 28 in manhattan criminal court ap3 or ap2 part F . Its true what You said the good die young. My Number is 718-693-6206 R.I.P Antoine I Love You baby ForEver xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

15. Its Valentine Day but to me it feels like Friday the 13th I was lighting my candles had my rosearies and was just telling him I Love Him ForEver and he is in my heart forever. As its getting closer to March 28 I get chills, still in shock from my Husbands death I was just speaking to his family last night ,his brother is not taking it well. Kelly really doesnt know what she had done. But as the days go by and I piece my life back together slowly but surely i know its going to get better in time. I pray to God Every Nite to give me the strength during this very very horrible tragedy.

16. Today’s your trial and I still can’t get over what happened. I hope she pays for everything she has done,,the pain she caused. I dedicated a wall for you in the crib. Your closet will stay intact .. MY family holds you very close to our hearts. You were a true friend to me, an awesome brother to my man, and one of the best uncle my kids ever knew .. we love you Ace! We’ll never forget you! Waiting for the day we meet again …

17. Jay♡♥ says:

I am not trying to justify anything but Kelly was a good person who had a very troubled upbringing. She was a woman who has been in foster care since the age of 2. The women that was as a mother to her I heard recently at the time of the murder had passed away. She had been in and out of homes all her life. Anyone going through that will have emotional issues. I met the man Ace and she appeared to be so happy with him. Especially because he helped with her son. She was extremely excited to tell me about the twins as well. I cannot say what happened that night neither can anyone else. From what I seen of him I couldn’t say a bad thing. He seemed to love her and their little family. I lost contact with her about a year ago. I searched for her even on facebook and never found her. Something told me to google her name and articles came up. It took me a while to wrap my head around the fact that this is the same girl that I grew up with, shared a room with as young teens, was pregnant at the same with. Our birthdays are four days apart. Hers before mine.I watched her son grow up. And she watched mine. I spent the night in that apartment. We were in foster care together and just happy that we made it out and were ok in life. I’m sorry this has happened to Ace. God rest his soul. I’m sorry this has happened to Kelly. We grew up in the system I kno she didn’t want this for her boy. R.I.P. Ace no one deserves to die. I’m sorry for my old friend. You both are in my prayers. I’m truly upset this has happened.

18. Jay♡♥ says:

I lost contact her with her not 1 but 2 years ago pardon me not last summer the one before 2011.. smh what ended up happening to her does anyone know?